The Prouve Antony Chair is a high quality reproduction of the Jean Prouve original. Originally designed for the Cit Universitaire at Antony near Paris, this chair remains one of Prouve's most popular designs. Closer examination of this chair makes it easy to see why. The Prouve Antony Chair has an ergonomic design, facilitating ultimate comfort. Its uniquely shaped wood seat offers an unexpected complement to its steel base, yet the result is instantly captivating. Though easily considered a work of art, this chair offers a comfortable seat for relaxing any way you know how.
Jean Prouve was an architect, engineer, and designer, credited with transferring manufacturing technology from industry to architecture without losing its aesthetic qualities. Prouve played a crucial role in developing construction techniques using lightweight prefabricated parts, many of which came from the aero and automatic industries. Described by Le Corbusier as combining "the soul of an engineer with that of an architect," Prouve played a crucial role in the development of today's modern furniture and design.
The Prouve Antony Chair offers impeccable quality and attention to detail, and will please even the most selective design fan. Its recognizable look works well in any room of your home, offering the perfect combination of comfort and distinct style.
- Chic, ergonomic design provides perfect balance of function and style
- Inspired reproduction of Jean Prouve's most popular design
- Seat molded from one piece of curved plywood for ergonomic support and a statuesque look
- Seat available in your choice of veneer and finish combination
- Powder coated steel frame adds dynamic contrast and ensures reliable stability
- Suitable for the office, the living room and a variety of other settings