Own a Mid-Century Icon Made Your Way
In 1948 debuted a molded chair concept at MoMA's International Competition for Low-Cost Furniture Design. The result of much experimentation with molded forms for years, its capabilities offered fresh new design and great value. The organic shapes the medium allowed for were well-suited for mass-production, could be made affordably and could offer form-fitting comfort. The Molded Fiberglass Dowel-Leg Armchair (DFAW) became an instant hit and an icon of the 20th and 21st centuries.
Inmod's Molded Fiberglass Arm Chair with Wood Legs is a premium reproduction that accurately reflects the original design, as well as the quality, styling and specifications. It is stocked in the most popular configurations and can be ordered in your choice of fiberglass color, base color and seat finish (matte or glossy). Each detail that made the original iconic has been preserved, with no expense spared.
- Accurate reproduction of the highest quality
- Molded fiberglass shell available stocked in white & black in both matte & glossy finishes
- Stocked in a stainless steel base with solid American Walnut legs
- Fully customizable and can be ordered in a dozen seat colors, in matte & glossy finishes, with white or black powder-coated steel frame and your choice of American Walnut, or American Oak legs
- Non-slip feet provide added stability and are safe on delicate floors
- Suitable for home & contract use