Inspired by the Best Design of the 20th Century
The development of plywood goods, such as splints & stretchers, during WWII served as inspiration for a new revolution in furniture design post-war. Experimentations with bent plywood gave way to new organic forms that could be mass produced affordably. The Plywood Lounge Chair with Wood Legs is an accurate replica of an iconic, known as the Molded Plywood Lounge Chair with Wood Base (AKA LCW). It was designed 1948 design and was awarded by Time Magazine as "Best Design of the 20th Century" in 1999.
Our Plywood Lounge Chair with Wood Legs stays remains faithful to the original, which debuted over half-a-century ago and stays true to its production techniques. Like the original, it is constructed of layered bent Plywood. Improving upon it, it is available in various high quality, American wood veneers, making it an eco-friendly choice with authentic mid-century styling. Its solid construction provides outstanding durability and hence, an exceptional value for any mid-century or modern living space.
- Highly accurate reproduction of the "Molded Plywood Lounge Chair Wood Base" (aka LCW)
- Molded / bent layered plywood construction
- Eco-Friendly - Available in American wood veneers
- Built to virtually the same specifications as the original design
- Pony hair upholstery available on a special order basis