The Saarinen Side Chair is inspired by the work of Eero Saarinen, and is a high quality reproduction of the original created in 1957. This chair was part of Saarinen's executive seating collection, which transformed executive seating with its fluid, sculptural form. The Saarinen Side Chair makes as much of an impression on the office today, and enables you to own your own version of a widely admired modern classic.
Saarinen recognized the importance of comfort, a principle that was at the center of this collection. He was the first to construct a chair shell from fiberglass, a material that is not only visually appealing but flexes in response to body weight making it extremely comfortable. The Saarinen Side Chair is just one of his designs that remains popular today, proof of the staying power of his innovative work.
- Seat supported by sturdy plywood legs with wood veneer
- Contoured, sculptural back creates an executive look while ensuring optimal support
- Generous seat and backrest cushioning adds a casual touch while keeping you comfortable
- Customizable design ensures a perfect match to your existing decor
- Plush cushioning and classic modern style create the perfect mix of comfort and design
- High quality reproduction of Eero Saarinen's original 1957 design
- Solid American Ash Stained Walnut Legs (Stock Option)