Jean Prouve was an architect, engineer, and designer, credited with transferring manufacturing technology from industry to architecture without losing the aesthetic qualities. Prouve played a crucial role in developing construction techniques using lightweight prefabricated parts, many of which came from the aero and automatic industries. Described by Le Corbusier as combining "the soul of an engineer with that of an architect," Prouve played a crucial role in the development of today's modern furniture and design.
The Prouve Standard Chair is a high quality reproduction of Jean Prouve's original designed in 1930. This mid-century inspired chair is most well known for its aeronautic style rear legs. Combining innovative style with impressive durability, the Prouve Standard Chair works well in practically any setting.
This high quality reproduction is made of plywood and is complemented by a powder coated steel frame. Use this chair in any room of your home, at the office, or anywhere else your creativity takes you. Its look is recognizable yet distinct and sophisticated, and its quality is sure to impress.
- Fresh, contemporary design blends everyday function with chic style
- Highly accurate reproduction of Jean Prouve's original 1930 design
- Aeronautic style steel legs add distinctive style while ensuring a sturdy stance
- Legs finished in your choice of powder coating
- Available in your choice of veneer and finish combination
- Classic plywood seat and backrest is durable and supportive
- Clean and simple design complements a variety of settings