The La Chaise was designed in 1948 for the Museum of Modern Art's International Competition for Low-Cost Furniture Design. Remaining popular today, the La Chaise brings a celebrated look into your home. This chair is not innovative merely for its dramatic look, but because it's expressive outline was the result of technological advances in molding fiberglass to create free-form shells for flexible seating. Its organic shape is not only visually stunning, but is designed to perfectly accommodate the human form. The La Chaise is made to sit or lie on, combining comfort with innovative styling.
The La Chaise works equally well surrounded by other mid-century modern pieces or contemporary decor. The La Chaise will make a statement in any room of your home with its inspiring, recognizable look. The La Chaise features a fiberglass shell complemented by a solid wood base available in your choice of finish.
- Organic, innovative design provides perfect balance of comfort and style
- Accurate mid-century reproduction
- Molded fiberglass shell seat conforms to the body while adding modern artistry
- Deep curves ensure surpassing comfort and support
- Suitable for both sitting and laying on
- Shell available in a variety of bold, contemporary colors
- Seat supported by stainless steel frame
- Wooden X-base provides a sturdy stance
- Multiple wood type and finish combinations available