The Hans Wegner Shell Chair is a high quality reproduction of the Hans Wegner original designed in 1963. Like many great works of art, the Hans Wegner Shell Chair was not truly appreciated in its time. It was re-released in 1997 though and quickly received its recognition it deserved. In 1999, the Hans Wegner Shell Chair was given the highest possible grade in The Technological Institute of Denmark's test program. In 2000, one of the original chairs produced in the 1960's was auctioned for $20,000.
Hans J. Hans Wegner began his career as a cabinet maker. After studying at the Copenhagen School of Arts and Crafts he worked as a furniture designer under Arne Jacobsen and Erik Moller. Hans Wegner is regarded as one of the most innovative Danish furniture designers, as well as with helping to make Danish design popular internationally.
The Hans Wegner Shell Chair enables you to own this piece of history in your own home. With a celebrated design and impressive quality, this chair makes a welcomed addition to any home. Its impeccable accuracy and attention to detail will not go unnoticed in your home. The Hans Wegner Shell Chair is upholstered in fabric. Choose from a variety of types and colors of fabric to best match the look of your home.
- Sophisticated, contoured design balances everyday comfort with chic modern style
- High quality reproduction of Hans Wegner's original 1963 design
- Frame and seat quality crafted from plywood veneer for optimal strength and durability
- Deeply contoured seat adds sculptural flair while comfortably cradling your body
- Plush seat and back cushions offer enhanced comfort
- Cushions upholstered in your choice of material
- Multiple color options available
- Reclined back keeps you supported and relaxed
- Impact-resistant, veneered plywood front legs and individually crafted veneer plywood back legs ensure impeccable strength and stability
- Choose from a variety of veneer and finish combinations
- Highly accurate reproduction