The Elaine's distinct shape can be traced back to mid-20th century Scandinavian influences. Its appreciation for simplicity, organic forms and for its materials were signature characteristics exhibited in the works of designers like Finn Juhl, Hans Wegner and Torben Lind. A centuries-old technique, tufting, was a favorite among notable designers of modern furniture, from the Bauhaus period to present-day. From Le Corbusier and Van Der Rohe to Hans Wegner and Ducaroy, the times have proven that clean lines and accented button tufting never goes out of style. While many of the distinguished works produced by such makers remain available today at a premium, the Elaine Sofa provides an iconic look at an unparalleled value.
- Danish-inspired design
- Elegantly tufted retro-styled microtweed upholstery
- Comfortably seats up to three people
- Inner-frame constructed of hard wood
- Sinuous spring system with elastic webbing
- Durable steel legs with a walnut wood finish