The Quintessential Industrial Cafe Chair
Xavier Pauchard was one who understood raw materials and designed his iconic Marais A Chair (aka Tolix Chair) out of galvanized steel, using a construction process that required 100 manual operations. Since it's conception in 1934, the famed bistro chair design is more popular than ever, and can be seen in homes, cafes, restaurants and offices all over the world. Now, over 80 years later, The Bastille Cafe Stacking Chair is manufactured using the same techniques applied in the original construction, built to virtually the same specification and is available in more colors than ever before. From metallic finishes like silver & copper, to trendy pop hues, coated in zinc for protection against rust, the Bastille is well situated in any indoor or outdoor space.
- Accurate reproduction of the Marais / Tolix Chair by Xavier Pauchard
- Suitable for commercial use
- May be used indoors & outdoors (should be stored indoors when not in use)
- Galvanized steel frame w/ zinc coating to protect against the elements
- Stackable for added convenience so that you can store them when not in use