Wegner Style Shell Chair
Hans J. Wegner began his career as a cabinet maker. After studying at the Copenhagen School of Arts and Crafts he worked as a furniture designer under Arne Jacobsen and Erik Moller. Wegner is regarded as one of the most innovative Danish furniture designers, as well as with helping to make Danish design popular internationally.
The Wegner Style Shell Chair enables you to own this piece of history in your own home. With a celebrated design and impressive quality, this chair makes a welcomed addition to any home. Its impeccable accuracy and attention to detail will not go unnoticed in your home. The Wegner Style Shell Chair is upholstered in fabric. Choose from a variety of types and colors of fabric to best match the look of your home.
- Sophisticated, contoured design balances everyday comfort with chic modern style
- High quality reproduction of Hans Wegner's original 1963 design
- Frame and seat quality crafted from plywood veneer for optimal strength and durability
- Deeply contoured seat adds sculptural flair while comfortably cradling your body
- Plush seat and back cushions offer enhanced comfort
- Cushions upholstered in your choice of material
- Multiple color options available
- Reclined back keeps you supported and relaxed
- Impact-resistant, veneered plywood front legs and individually crafted veneer plywood back legs ensure impeccable strength and stability
- Choose from a variety of veneer and finish combinations
- Highly accurate reproduction
Seat Height: 14.5"
- (1) Wegner Style Shell Chair
- Ships Fully Assembled
The Wegner Style Shell Chair is part of the Main Street Modern Collection, offered exclusively by Inmod.
Stain resistant, smooth, lush texture, perfect for home or commercial use.
Grade B Fabric
75% Wool, 25% Nylon
Grade D Fabric
52% Polyester, 48% Acrylic
Grade T Fabric
85% Wool, 15% Nylon
This Australian & American Full Grain, Semi-aniline leather is soft to the touch, and very durable, and is 0.9mm-1.1mm thick.
This Australian & American Bovine rawhide semi-aniline, lightly pigmented full grain leather is dyed without pigmentation, and will develop a beautiful patina look over time (a process that allows oxidation & exposure to light to bring out the richness of the dye and color potency). Our deluxe leather is 1.3mm-1.5mm thick.
This European Bovine rawhide full grain, full aniline leather is our highest leather grade and is extra soft, extra durable, featuring a lush natural texture without the use of chemical spray after the aniline dying process. Our Premium Leather is 1.3mm-1.5mm thick.
Pony (Cow) Hide
Natural, hand-worked mixture of European cow skin (w/ hair) and pure aniline leather. Pony Hair A is a mixture of black, brown & white hairs. Pony Hair B is a combination of black & white hairs. Pony Hair C is a blend of brown & white hairs. Please note that hides will vary on each piece, due to the unique nature of cow hide.