Molded Fiberglass Arm Chair
Originally created as a prototype for MoMA's International Competition for Low-Cost Furniture Design in 1948, the molded chair concept was introduced by now-legendary husband & wife design team, Charles & Ray. Prior to its introduction at the competition, Charles & Ray had already experimented for years with molded forms and knew their potential. The organic shapes they could produce were something fresh and new, were well suited to form-fitting comfort and could be inexpensively mass-produced. And right they were, as their collection of "shell chairs" (which included the Molded Fiberglass Wire-Base Armchair aka DFAR), became 20th century icons, whose popularity has only grown well into the 21st century.
Inmod's Molded Fiberglass Arm Chair is an accurate reproduction that stays true to the vision of Charles & Ray, and to the styling, quality and specifications of their original design. It is stocked in its most popular configurations and can be ordered in your choice of fiberglass color, base color and seat finish (matte or glossy). Each detail that made the original Molded Fiberglass Wire-Base Armchair special has been carefully preserved to ensure an authentic look and quality.
- Highly accurate reproduction of the Molded Fiberglass Wire-Base Armchair by Charles & Ray
- Stocked in your choice of black or white in both matte and glossy finishes with stainless steel wire-base frame
- Custom options offer a dozen iconic mid-century colors (available in matte and glossy finishes), and white or black powder-coated steel wire-base frame
- Black plastic feet are safe on delicate floors
- Black rubber shock-mounts under seat protect fiberglass seat from being damaged during assembly and through normal use
- Suitable for residential & commercial use
Seat Height: 18"
- (1) Molded Fiberglass Arm Chair
- Ships Fully Assembled
The Molded Fiberglass Arm Chair is part of Origins by Inmod, offered exclusively by Inmod.
Our fiberglass features an eco-friendly polyethylene lacquer undercoat & finish. It meets all US federal regulations to give you peace of mind that our fiberglass is 100% consumer product safe.
Copyright 2003-2015 by Evofurniture, LLC. All rights reserved.