A Mid-Century Dining Table with an Industrial Edge
The Bastille Cafe Rectangular Dining Table is inspired by Jean Prouve's iconic EM Table, which debuted in the early 1950's as part of a prefab housing project in France, called "Maison Tropique". The EM Table was defined by a uniquely styled base consisting of four tapered steel legs which were angled slightly outward to create a symmetrical yet juxtaposed stance, connected by tubed steel. The industrial styling of the legs is an element that Prouve adapted to other pieces, and has become a signature element in his works.
The Bastille Cafe Rectangular Dining Table has a galvanized steel frame & top that preserves the balance of form defined by the original EM Table. Abrasion detail and surface markings create a chic worn-industrial look, and a zinc finish is applied for rust resistance. The Bastille is well-prepared to accommodate your guests and functions just as well as a desk in your office or home office.
- Inspired by Jean Prouve's EM Table
- Ultra-strong galvanized steel top & base in an industrial finish
- Functions equally well as a dining table (seats up 6) or as a desk
- Unique design fuses industrial & mid-century style
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use (should be stored indoors when not in use)
- Pairs perfectly with any of our Bastille Cafe Chairs (sold separately)