Saarinen Tulip Style Chair
Eero Saarinen is one of the 20th century's most well known and respected designers. He is known for his ability to adapt his style to each specific project and for designing in terms of setting rather than form. His Tulip Chair is the perfect example of this, as it was created not to be aesthetically pleasing but to fix what he saw to be a problem. This chair earned Saarinen much recognition, including the 1969 Museum of Modern Art Award. It remains popular today, adding a distinct and recognizable complement to the modern home.
The Saarinen Tulip Chair lets you customize your own version of this modern classic. Its upholstered cushion is available in your choice of fabric or leather, with great choices available in each. The Saarinen Tulip Chair is great for adding a hint of retro style to the kitchen, living room, or anywhere else that needs something new.
- Sculptural yet comfortable design provides perfect mix of function and style
- Accurate reproduction of Eero Saarinen's original mid-century modern design
- Sumptuous curves and a fluid base add retro style to your home
- Reinforced molded fiberglass seat is designed for strength and durability
- Curved, wrap-around back keeps your well supported
- Armrests for added support
- Multiple vibrant color options available
- Plush, upholstered seat cushion ensures optimal comfort
- Available in your choice of upholstery type and color
- Supported by a pedestal-style cast aluminum base for surpassing stability
- 360 degree swivel function for added convenience
- Base available in multiple finish options
- Highly accurate reproduction
Arm Height: 24.4"
Seat Height: 18.5"
- (1) Saarinen Tulip Style Chair
- Ships Fully Assembled
The Saarinen Tulip Style Chair is part of the Main Street Modern Collection, offered exclusively by Inmod.
Our fiberglass features an eco-friendly polyethylene lacquer undercoat & finish, and is US16CFR1303 & RoHS compliant.
Grade B Fabric
75% Wool, 25% Nylon
Grade T Fabric
85% Wool, 15% Nylon
This Australian & American Full Grain, Semi-aniline leather is soft to the touch, and very durable, and is 0.9mm-1.1mm thick.
This Australian & American Bovine rawhide semi-aniline, lightly pigmented full grain leather is dyed without pigmentation, and will develop a beautiful patina look over time (a process that allows oxidation & exposure to light to bring out the richness of the dye and color potency). Our deluxe leather is 1.3mm-1.5mm thick.
This European Bovine rawhide full grain, full aniline leather is our highest leather grade and is extra soft, extra durable, featuring a lush natural texture without the use of chemical spray after the aniline dying process. Our Premium Leather is 1.3mm-1.5mm thick.